Engineering Manager (f/m/d)
First, let's check if our company culture fits you
Do you have a desire to work with a purpose? Join us in feeding the world while saving the planet.
Are you looking for a bureaucracy-free company? We operate with flat hierarchy and open communication. Just like that.
Do you wanna see the impact of your job? Our small team allows your contribution to be visible, whatever you do.
Are new things usually exciting for you? We are disrupting the animal feed industry. Huge potential is ahead of us. We just need to make it happen.
Sounds like an appealing working culture? Then let's see the details:
Livin Farms empowers food companies to upcycle their low-value organic waste to high-value insect ingredients through two main services: Building scalable, and modular automated insect factories on customer’s sites to access their food by-products; and regularly providing seedlings to turn customers' bio waste into insect products. Through our farming as a service model, our customers can utilize insect products in the animal feed market shortening the huge protein gap across industries.
The main goal of the position
Manage a team of Project Engineers that will develop international projects for the planning and construction of our insect factories. Plan, schedule, predict, and manage all the technical and engineering tasks of the assigned project to ensure accuracy, proper resources, and quality from start to finish, delivering on time results.
What you will do
- Process engineering strategizing and planning and concept development for industrial plants
- Manage, develop and scale a team of engineers
- Prepare, schedule and monitor the assigned projects
- Interact with clients and other stakeholders to interpret their needs / requirements and represent them, provide assistance and technical support
- Perform overall quality control of the work related to the assigned project/s (budget, schedule, contractors/project members' performance) and report regularly on project status
- Review engineering deliverables and initiate appropriate corrective actions
- Execute and coordinate multidisciplinary technical feasibility studies
- Supervise the selected suppliers regarding customer specifications and costs
- Participate in assembly supervision and system commissioning
- Organize the interfaces during plant construction or plant conversion
- Create safety considerations and risk analyses
- Process official submissions
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering (or higher) or relevant field (engineering, mechanical engineering, chemistry)
- Proven working experience as an Engineering Manager or related field (+4 years)
- Experience in the development, planning, implementation and commissioning of industrial plants
- Ability to work with multiple discipline projects and teams
- Solid project management and leadership skills
- Fluent English language skills, German is a big plus
- 38,5 working hours / week, no overtime expected
- 14x salary, loyalty bonus system
- Flexible working hours, respecting core hours
- Flex Friday: start the weekend at 2pm
- An international, diverse team
- Company team-building
Become part of our team and help build a sustainable circular economy!
Mandatory information in Austria: The minimum gross salary for this position is EUR 4200/month.
We’re willing to overpay, depending on your professional work experience and qualification.
- Chemische Industrie
Art des Abschlusses
- 3 - 5 Jahre Berufserfahrung
- Technische Kenntnisse